- Click on toolbar to start importing Leads.
- Choose the pre-formatted CSV file. Click Next.
- Configure the CSV header vs CRM field mapping. Click Import.
You can re-use the mapping saved earlier.
- Bulk import starts.
The page reloads several times until all the CSV rows are parsed.
- Result of import is displayed.
- Click Finish to end import, Import More to import more, Undo Last Import to cancel the import, and Last Imported Records to view records that were imported successfully.
For more details on Import, Click here
On successful creation, Leads are displayed as the Listview in Leads Home Page.Filter provides the ability to pre-configure the search condition based on field value to short-list the records. It enables you to view the list of records in a desired format.Select an item from the Filters drop-down to view the records in that order. The default option is set to 'All' where all the records are displayed.You can create, edit or delete custom filters.
For more details on Filters, Click here
Although the Listview filters the records based on pre-configured field values, you might need to further lookup.You can perform three types of Search:Basic Search, Advanced Search, Alphabetic Search, to sort-out your records in no time.
To see more, Click here
vtiger CRM allows you to export Leads to spreadsheet files such as Microsoft Excel, Open Office, and others for further data analysis.
Steps to export your records to Spread sheet files in vtiger CRM
- Choose a module on which the export has to be performed.
- Click icon on toolbar to start exporting.
- Select the desired options.
- Click to export your leads to spreadsheet.
To see more, click here
While creating a lead, if most of the details of new record matches with an existing record, you can duplicate the existing record with minor edits.
- Choose the record you want to duplicate.
- Click on the lead's name to go to the detail view.
- Click button.
- In Duplicating leads screen, update the fields if required.
- Click to update the changes.
Edit function allows you to update all field values of a record. Mass Edit feature is also available to simultaneously update the same fields of multiple records.
To see more, Click here
You can delete unwanted Leads either from Listview or Detailview.
To see more, Click here
Follow up your Leads
All the interactions and communications done with the lead will be logged under Activities section of the respective lead. Whereas closed activities are archived under Activity History section.
Please refer to the Calendar module for more details on creating tasks and activities.
vtiger CRM allows you to map Standard fields and Custom fields before converting a lead to Contact and Organization or an Opportunity. The field values will be transmitted to the selected target fields. This will ensure that the data will not be lost.Standard fields will be automatically mapped but the custom fields should be mapped manually.
Steps to map fields in vtiger CRM
- Click on the Settings Icon File:SettingsIcon.png present below the menu bar.
- You will be re-directed to Module Settings page.Click on Leads Field Mapping.
- In the Fields mapping page, the standard fields are automatically mapped.Click button to make changes manually.
- To map Custom Fields, Click on button, Select Source Custom field from the picklist, and map the target field values accordingly.
- Click to update your changes.
<balloon title="To see more, click on [Expand]">Mapping Custom Fields</balloon>
You might have a Custom Picklist Field in the Leads Module.
To map a Custom Field, the Target Module should have identical Field type.
Click on the Settings Icon File:SettingsIcon.png > Leads Field Mapping.Click > button to map custom fields.Select the Source Field and map it to the Target Field accordingly.
Clickto Update your changes.
Once a Lead is qualified and determined to be a potential sale, the Lead is converted to a customer Organization, Contact and an Opportunity.
When you convert a lead, vtiger CRM creates a new Organization, contact and, optionally, a Opportunity using the information from the lead. All e-mail communications, attachments, open and closed activities from the lead are attached to the Organization, contact and Opportunity.
To convert a lead:
- Click Convert Lead link on the Detailview.
- Edit the basic details (Organization Name ...)
- If there is a chance of immediate sale, de-select Opportunity checkbox.
- Provide the necessary information.
- Click Save
Duplicate Record Handling
Duplicate record detection gives you the capability to detect and handle duplicate record. The merge feature helps you manage system storage consumption and maintain data quality by freeing the system from old, obsolete, or invalid data. Detection rules can be defined for different record types, including custom entities etc.For more details click Here
Associate Leads with other records
Click on the More Information tab in the detail view to view the related modules associated with Opportunities.
Modules associated with Opportunity's record are listed below.
Leads Field mapping video
<mediaplayer width='650' height='385'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWV62plIcCc&feature=youtu.be</mediaplayer>